My friend, happy first day of summer. It’s a hot one out here in Northern California today — supposed to hit 101 degrees Fahrenheit! Early this morning, first thing, since it was already plenty warm, I let Connor run through the lawn sprinklers. I would’ve joined her except I had already done my hair and makeup for the day, LOL!
Yup, I’ve been trying lately to do a little something-something with makeup, even when it’s hot. I’ve been on a roll recently with le face paint, and I don’t want to lose my momentum.
Here’s what I’ve been doing lately
- Base: I start by blending a sheer, semi-matte foundation on my cheeks and nose, around my mouth and on my forehead. I pat a sheer concealer underneath my eyes and set it with the tiniest amount of powder. Then, I take a skunk brush, and I run it gently across everything to blend it all together.
- Blush: Next, I add some color to my cheeks. I layer a coral cream blush with warm golden bronzer, and then I blend them together with my fingers. To set the cream blush/bronzer combo, I load a blush brush with a warm golden bronzer and dust it lightly across my cheeks, nose and along the edge of my face.
- Eyes and lips:For my eyes, I keep it simple: brow pencil, mascara, eyeliner on the waterline and a pat of bronze glitter shadow on my lids. To wrap it all up, I layer a lip balm with sunscreen a pinkish nude lipstick.
And here are the products in heavy rotation!
- Chanel Vitalumiere Aqua Foundation in 50 Beige
- Hourglass Veil Retouching Fluid in Sand
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Medium Golden
- Chanel Les Beiges Cream Blush in No. 20 and No. 22
- MAC Mineralize Skinfinish Natural in Give Me Sun
- Anastasia Brow Wiz in Medium Brown
- Anastasia Clear Brow Gel
- Ilia Gel Liner in Dusk
- Hourglass Scattered Light Glitter Eyeshadow in Ray
- MAC Extended Play Perm Me Up Lash
- Sun Bum Lip Blam SPF 30
- MAC Velvet Teddy Lipstick
How about you? What’s your current makeup routine for hot summer days?
Your friendly neighborhood beauty addict,