WePC is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Learn more
Although we heard about Victoria 3 earlier this not-E3 weekend, the historical grand strategy coming later this year returned for a longer showing during the PC Gaming Show. A trailer bundling in the first official look at Victoria 3 gameplay debuted during the show illustrates a huge leap for the series, both visually and in terms of features.
Victoria 3 is a sequel to the cult classic Victoria 2. Set during the tumultuous 19th and early 20th centuries, it offers players a deep strategy game. It leans heavily into societal simulation – industry, trade, politics, and more – to deliver a highly replayable and immersive experience.
Victoria 3 Features
- Infinite Replayability: Rewrite history as any of dozens of nations from the Victorian Era, from industrial powerhouses like Great Britain and Prussia to populous giants like Russia and Qing China or powers in waiting like Japan or Colonial Canada.
- Deep Societal Simulation: Every inhabitant of your nation is simulated, whether farmer or clerk, capitalist or craftsman. Each has personal beliefs, political preferences and, most importantly, a standard of living to maintain.
- Challenging Economic Gameplay: Develop your economy through construction of new buildings and new industries, trading surplus goods in the markets of the world and importing what your population needs to make life affordable.
- Diplomatic Brinkmanship: Anything you can win through war can also be done at the negotiating table. Open diplomatic plays, calling on allies for support, as you press demands on weaker or rival nations.
- Political Development: Manage the various political factions in your country through laws and reforms. Will you improve the life of your citizens, if it means angering established authorities?
- A Living World: Watch the map change before your eyes, as newly constructed railways run between burgeoning cities, many of which were mere hamlets decades before.
Victoria 3 launches for PC in 2022.