The MSI Titan GT77 release date is nearly here and we’re excited to see if this beast meets the hype both as a gaming laptop and a workstation machine, fulfilling its stated ambition as a mobile ‘desktop replacement’ laptop. Though we don’t know the exact date as of yet, we know it isn’t far away based on both official and unofficial information, and have a time window in which we expect to see this MSI laptop released. We also have official information on the pricing options and different spec loadouts available.
Gaming laptop deals are live! Get huge savings on gaming laptops on Best Buy or HP in 2022, on the likes of the Lenovo Legion Slim 7, HP Omen 16, and Acer Nitro 5 gaming laptops.
MSI Titan GT77 release date
There’s no definitive single MSI Titan GT77 release date yet, but we’ve got a good idea of the period in which it will come out.
As part of the ‘Early Bird program‘ on the MSI website you can sign up to get the Titan GT77, potentially as early as June, in the period which runs from June 1st – 30th September 2022.
Tomshardware are also expecting a mid-June 2022 release date, but we’re not sure what their sources are.
MSI Titan GT77 price
- The MSI Titan GT77 price for the starting model will be $3,199, though we’re not sure if this is for the RTX 3070 Ti version or the RTX 3080 Ti equipped model.
- The highest specced MSI Titan GT77 price will be $4,949, which we assume will include the maxised RAM and SSD loadout.
MSI Titan GT77 specifications
The latest Intel 12th gen laptop CPU: the Core i9-12900HK, literally the most powerful retail CPU available, pairs up with either an RTX 3070 Ti or RTX 3080 Ti laptop graphics card.
As a desktop replacement laptop, the MSI Titan GT77 comes with the most ridiculous storage and RAM options we’ve ever seen for a laptop. 128GB of DDR5 RAM is more than virtually anyone will need, unless you’re running some very niche and powerful workstation programs simultaneously on your machine, and with a maximum 32TB of SSD storage space, it would likely be a challenge to run out of space even if you wanted to on the max specced version. You get three M.2 PCIe Gen 4 slots, but also one M.2 PCIe Gen 5, which will likely be where you’ll want to stick your game files. A good array of ports including a full-size SD card reader and two USB-C / Thunderbolt 4 ports, plus a claimed 100% DCI-P3 120Hz 4K display really make this hard to beat as the premium high end option for workstation users / editors / graphic designers and animators who also want to game.
Despite all this, the laptop only weighs 3.3kg and isn’t even that thick in terms of its dimensions – quite amazing considering what’s inside.
- CPU: Intel Core i9-12900HK
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce RTX 3070 Ti 8GB GDDR6 (150W TGP) / RTX 3080 Ti 16GB (175W)
- RAM: 4x slots of DDR5 RAM (up to 128GB of at least 4800MHz RAM)
- Storage: 1x M.2 PCIe Gen 5 SSD slot, 3x M.2 PCIe Gen 4 SSD slots (up to 32TB)
- Display: 17.3″ UHD 3840 x 2160 120Hz IPS 100% DCI-P3 (possibly 1080p 360Hz & 1440p options)
- Ports: 2x Type-C (USB / DP / Thunderbolt™ 4), 3x Type-A USB3.2 Gen2, 1x RJ45 Ethernet, 1x SD Express Card Reader, 1x (8K @ 60Hz / 4K @ 120Hz) HDMI, 1x Mini-DisplayPort, 1x 3.5mm combo jack
- Keyboard: Cherry MX Ultra Low switches (with SteelSeries RGB)
- Weight: 3.3kg
- Dimensions: 397 x 330 x 23mm
We trust this MSI Titan GT77 release date, price and specs guide has you excited for the real thing. We hope to get our hands on this machien to review it ourselves, in the meantime, checkout our other in-depth laptop reviews.