Iconic London Rose Riot Sheer Blush ($27.00 for 0.42 oz.) is a light, pinky-peach with moderate, warm undertones and a matte finish. The texture was more fluid, watery, and slightly gel-like, which allowed it to spread easily over bare skin as well as on top of foundation, but it dried down in about 10 seconds and left behind a matte finish.
The pigmentation was quite sheer, and I didn’t find that using more per layer achieved higher coverage but rather the actual act of letting a layer dry, then applying more, and so on absolutely did. It lasted well for seven hours before fading a bit.
for details on general performance and characteristics (like scent).
- ColourPop Simply Sweet (LE, $8.00) is cooler (95% similar).
- Chantecaille Bliss (LE, $44.00) is more shimmery, cooler (90% similar).
- Tarte Prize (LE, $29.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Enchanted (LE, $23.00) is darker (90% similar).
- Tom Ford Beauty Violet Argente (Blush) (LE, $60.00) is darker, cooler (90% similar).
- LORAC Tinge (PiP, $23.00) is cooler (85% similar).
- MAC Ray Beam (P, $29.00) is lighter, cooler (85% similar).
- Dior Bal (250) (P, $46.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Clinique Pink Honey Pop (P, $21.00) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
- Jouer Rose Petal (LE, ) is more shimmery, darker, cooler (85% similar).
$27.00/0.42 oz. – $64.29 Per Ounce
The formula is supposed to have a “veil of soft-focus colour” with a “gel-to-watercolour formula” that can be built up if desired. The characterstic that will make or break whether this is a go-to is in the name: sheer. It ended up have incredibly sheer coverage–a veil, indeed!–applied, though it could be built up after waiting for each layer to drydown. The formula was less dewy than I expected and had a more full-on drydown, but it was conducive to building up product.
The consistency was thin, watery with some susbstance to it (the “gel” feel) and spreadable. I liked applying some to the back of my hand, then gently tapping a small amount to my skin and going back for more as necessary. The formula dried down in about 10 to 15 seconds, faster when less product was used (and more didn’t give more coverage, just required one to spread it out across a larger area).
Once in place, the product lasted between seven and eight hours on me.
Browse all of our Iconic London Sheer Blush swatches.
Aqua (Water), Dimethicone, Cetyl Peg/Ppg 10/1 Dimethicone, Isododecane, Glycerin, Talc, Phenoxyethanol, Sodium Chloride, Magnesium Sulfate, Synthetic Wax, Sodium Dehydroacetate, Disteardimonium Hectorite, Potassium Sorbate, Polysilicone 11, Dimethiconol, Benzoic Acid, Hydrogen Dimethicone, Propylene Carbonate, Dehydroacetic Acid, Aluminum Hydroxide, Ethylhexylglycerin, Marrubium Vulgare Extract, Isopropyl Titanium Triisostearate, Citric Acid. May Contain +/ +/–: CI 77 891 (Titanium Dioxide), CI 77491, CI 77492, CI 77499 (Iron Oxides), CI 73360 (Red 30 Lake), CI 42090 (Blue 1 Lake).
Disclaimer: Ingredient lists are as available by the brand (or retailer)
at the time of publishing. Please always check product packaging, if it exists, for the ingredient list applicable
to the product you’re purchasing, or the brand or retailer’s website for the most up-to-date ingredient list.