- You can stop notifications from Facebook groups if you’re bothered by constant notifications.
- To turn off notifications from a Facebook group, choose Groups from the main menu and select the settings gear icon.
- You can reduce notifications by choosing Highlights or Friends posts, or turn off notifications entirely.
Facebook groups are a good way to stay connected with friends and organizations, or to keep current on hobbies and interests. Unfortunately, groups can also get overwhelming, especially if you belong to a lot of them or are in groups with a lot of activity.
Need to slow down a constant barrage of notifications? You can do that with just a few clicks in a desktop browser or mobile app.
How to stop notifications from a Facebook group on desktop
1. Open the Facebook website in a browser.
2. In the pane on the left, click Groups.
3. Click the settings icon (shaped like a gear) at the top of the pane.
4. In the drop-down menu, click Customize notifications.
5. You should see the Group notifications popup. Find the group you want to stop getting notifications from and click the dropdown arrow to the right. Choose the option you prefer — you can select All posts, Highlight, Friend posts, and Off.
How to stop notifications from a Facebook group on mobile
1. Start the Facebook app.
2. Tap the Menu icon at the bottom right of the page.
3. In the All shortcuts section, tap Groups.
4. Tap the settings icon (shaped like a gear) at the top right of the page.
5. Tap Notifications.
6. You’ll see a list of all the groups you belong to. Find the group you want to stop getting notifications from and tap the button to the right (by default, most will be set to Highlight). Tap the option you prefer — All posts, Highlight, Friends’ posts, and Off.