Some people feel that they have exhausted every weight loss option out there – right from high intensity exercises, to counting every single calorie, staying completely off guilt food, and not to forget, trying out every “single ingredient” potion that “quack nutritionists” hype up to the sky, an none of them helped you to look lean and fit? Wait, do not give up yet because there are some really amazing weight loss tips that are mostly overlooked. And these are not just “fat burning” tips, they help a great deal to improve overall health as well, so do try them out, and when you see results, you would wish you had known about them earlier.
1. Correct Nutritional Deficiencies By Following a Nutrient-Dense Diet: A lot of so-called weight loss programs concentrate on slashing calories as low as possible and do not mind compromising body’s nutritional needs in doing so. As a result, severe hair fall, low immunity, dehydration, damaged skin, low energy levels are common outcomes. If you have been crash dieting or following a fad diet which deprives you of proper food, then most probably nutritional deficiencies are stalling your progress. Research says vitamin D, calcium, copper, zinc, vitamin A, C, deficiencies can have great impact on weight management. Since not all calories are equal, you can eat the recommended calories but yet get only few nutrients. Our body needs nutrients to function, and you need to hear this – a lot of vitamins, minerals are needed to burn off extra calories! So, do not deprive or compromise on nutrients that the body needs through food, and if you are looking for a nutrient-dense weight loss diet, you need to check out Rati Beauty diet right now, where you can lose extra pounds and inches off the waist as well.
2. Try These 21 Tricks To Boost Metabolism: When someone’s metabolism is good, they would more calories, even at rest. If someone can eat all they want and still ward off any weight gain, their robust metabolism should be given all the credit. It’s important to keep metabolism high, in order to lose weight steadily, and these “21 Tricks to Boost your Metabolism.”
3. Say Yes To Healthy Fats: “Fats” have received a lot of flak over the years and have been labeled as a category of “food” that needs to be kicked out of the daily diet to get lean and to ward off heart disease. It’s unfortunate that most diet programs and so-called health experts bundle up “healthy fats” into the “bad fat” category and ask people to go low fat in order to lose weight. Healthy fat boosts metabolism instead of making it sluggish. Healthy fats are absolutely necessary for the absorption of fat-soluble vitamins like A, D, E which are necessary in the fat-burning process. Avocados, chia seeds, butter, ghee, coconut oil, olive oil, nuts, peanuts, almonds, whole eggs are good sources of healthy fats. Also check out the Rati Beauty diet to find out what kind of healthy fats can help you drop weight. Also read: “How Eating Fats Can Make you Thin.”
4. Avoid Refined Oil: When trying to lose weight, we tend to ignore one major factor, which is also considered as the root cause of many life-threatening diseases – chronic inflammation! When the body is always in a heightened state of inflammation, it becomes extremely difficult to drop excess weight. To lower inflammation, apart from exercising, lowering stress, sleeping well, you should also be avoiding dietary triggers that play a larger role in triggering an inflammatory response and follow the right dietary practices as well. Even with strict dieting and exercise, heightened level of inflammation can slow down the weight loss process. Cooking oils that are rich in omega-6 fatty acids have been found to increase inflammation by a great degree, particularly seed oils such as canola, cottonseed, soybean, safflower, even some refined oils. Switch to healthy cooking oils such as olive oil, coconut oil, avocado oil, etc. to lower inflammation and also to get healthy fats that boost the fat-burning process.
5. Strengthen the Gut: New studies have found strong links between gut bacteria and weight issues. If the gut health is robust, you can lose weight rather effortlessly. Including probiotics, consuming anti-inflammatory foods, fiber, healthy fats, eating a nutrient-dense diet, etc. can strengthen the gut.
6. Manage Stress: Losing weight can be a stressful process and when daily stressors bog you down, (personal, professional, psychosocial, physical, etc.), losing weight can prove to be an uphill battle. Studies have found a direct link between stress and weight gain, hence stress can become a bane in multiple ways – it can not only prevent weight loss, it can add extra pounds too. You can have literally stay away from food all day long, but if stress is on your mind, shedding extra fat layers can become quite difficult. Apart from lowering metabolism, stress hormone “cortisol” increases appetite, cravings, and also directs the body to store fat around the belly region. The ability to burn fat also flattens out with increase in anxiety and stress. Above normal level of the stress hormone “cortisol” can trigger emotional eating where you tend to lean towards sweet or salty foods to calm the nerves. When chronic stress is tackled, you can lose weight like a boss! Go for a run or walk, listen to music, read a book, chill out with friends, simply do anything that would help you relax.
7. Sleep for At Least 7 hours: Are you even having a good night’s sleep? Experts have found out a direct link between sleep deprivation and weight gain. When you compromise on the quality of sleep, losing weight becomes quite difficult with low metabolism, and out-of-whack appetite-regulating hormones (insulin, ghrelin, leptin, cortisol) can impact the fat-burning process in a negative way. So, sleep anywhere from 7 to 9 hours every single night.
With these 7 overlooked weight loss tips, losing weight will no more feel like a struggle.
25 Vegetarian Metabolism Boosting Foods For Weight Loss
10 Spices that Boost the Weight Loss Process