If we were to take a survey about one beauty wish that could be fulfilled, a majority of women would choose soft and silky hair over anything else! All of us dream of flaunting frizz-free, shiny, and gorgeous hair and to achieve that, oiling hair regularly helps immensely. To convert frizzy and dry hair to smooth strands, we look for shampoos, conditioners, and serums, but you can get your dream hair by incorporating a few hair oils into your haircare routine. In fact, we have listed out 10 of the most effective oils for healthy and strong hair. These hair oils can act on a host of hair woes – from split ends, frizziness, to hair fall, and even can be used to relieve stress. Read on for more details.
1. Flaxseed Oil: Flax seeds have high omega-3 alpha linolenic acid levels. Alpha linolenic acid along with gamma linolenic acid is being used extensively in hair loss and hair regrowth treatments. This compound stimulates hair growth. Flaxseed oil has high vitamin E content too. This oil can tackle a variety of hair issues including dandruff, hair loss, hair thinning, etc. You can apply the flax seed oil on the hair and scalp directly without any carrier oil. You could also do the hot oil treatment with flax seed oil once a week.
2. Black Seed Oil: It’s extracted from the seeds of nigella sativa, or kalonji. This natural ingredient is extremely popular in hair oils that claim to reduce hair fall. Black seed oil is thought to combat excessive hair fall and help grow back hair healthy, strong, and long. Black seed oil contains a compound called thymoquinone which is an anti-histamine, that helps to hair regrowth and thinning hair. It also has anti-inflammatory and antioxidant properties boosting hair growth. Other nutrients include essential fatty acids, amino acids, iron, vitamin C, etc., making it amazing for hair. It also seals moisture in the hair strands. A mixture of coconut oil and black seed oil as a hot oil treatment regularly over a few weeks can reduce hair fall considerably. Also read: “How Black Seed Oil Can Put a Stop to Excessive Hair Fall.”
3. Argan oil: Argan oil is also known as liquid gold. Argan oil is rich in vitamin E, essential fatty acids, and also antioxidants. Argan oil nourishes and protects skin, body, and hair. Because it has high level of antioxidants, it has the ability to reverse damage to skin and hair. You can use it as a leave-in conditioner that could protect your hair from sun damage, add moisture to your hair, repair split ends, and also aid in hair growth. Argan oil is taking the beauty world by storm and why not, it is an excellent oil for healthy hair. It hydrates and moisturizes hair, it penetrates hair shafts and nourishes deeply. Argan oil is rich in anti-oxidants and repairs damaged hair. The high vitamin E and vitamin F content repairs damaged hair and makes the hair lustrous. Argan oil also treats split ends. It is known as “liquid gold” for its wonderful properties on hair and is absolutely great for hair damaged from heat styling.
4. Avocado oil: Avocado oil increases shine and strength of hair. It has a higher content of monosaturated fatty acids than coconut oil. These fatty acids are highly beneficial for the health and growth of hair. Avocado oil deeply nourishes and moisturises hair. It also deeply conditions hair strands by deeply penetrating into them. There are no side effects of using avocado oil, so you should probably get it asap.
5. Onion Hair Oil: Since we have realized the benefits of applying onion juice to boost hair growth, a lot of brands have come up with onion oil infused hair oils which prevent breakage, boost hair growth, and prevent hair thinning. Regular application of this oil also prevents premature greying.
6. Bhringraj Oil: Bhringraj oil is made from combining Eclipta alba or False Daisy with sesame oil. This oil helps in reducing hair fall, prevents premature greying, and also aids in faster hair growth. Regular use will give you healthy and long hair. Bhringraj is available in prepared form in ayurvedic shops, you can read review of one such oil here.
7. Sesame oil: Sesame oil is used as a base oil in many ayurvedic preparations for hair growth, for example, bhringraj oil. Since sesame oil is anti-microbial, it treats a lot of scalp infections and fungal infections. Sesame is best when used as a hot oil treatment. It conditions hair, nourishes scalp, and gets rid of dandruff and the vitamin E in the oil boosts hair growth. Sesame oil has anti-bacterial and anti-fungal properties that fight against a variety of scalp and hair issues. Sesame oil nourishes and conditions hair with its vitamins and mineral content. This oil has vitamin E, vitamin B, vitamin A and some other essential nutrients necessary for hair growth and health.
8. Coconut Oil: Last but not the least, we have the best hair oil and gives healthy, soft, and lustrous hair – coconut oil! Coconut oil is a natural conditioner rich in vitamin E and antioxidants which repairs damaged hair. Coconut oil is known to penetrate into hair follicles and stimulating hair growth and moisturizes dry hair. Coconut oil makes hair softer and prevents hair breakage and split ends. Also, when herbs like bhringa, brahmi, curry leaves, and other ayurvedic ingredients are added to coconut oil, it becomes a miracle oil that cures all hair issues and makes hair grow faster in a short period of time.
How Black Seed Oil Can Put a Stop to Excessive Hair Fall
How To Grow Hair On Forehead Faster