The biggest benefit of losing weight is not just limited to get slim enough to get into an old pair of jeans and to get out of the habit of hiding behind loose clothes. There are certain secret benefits of weight loss, with the condition that you earned it the right way, aka by eating healthy food, practicing portion control, by being on a good diet like Rati Beauty diet, and exercising consistently – there are multiple benefits associated, some of them easily overlooked. One immediate benefit is that people feel less hungry since they are now eating protein and fiber rich food that curbs appetite and overeating. Also, no more shopping for clothes in the XXL and XL sizes, awesome, right? But wait, here are 12 secret benefits of weight loss that go beyond slimming and getting lean.
1. Save Loads of Money: Now that all weight-related health issues have disappeared, expenditure on medicines would come down. Also, since you are eating less of processed and junk food, all that extra cash wasted on unhealthy food remains in your pocket.
2. Renewed Energy Level: When the extra weight is off, the body functions better, with more energy to do things. Since weight loss boosts oxygen efficiency, you are less likely to run out of breath climbing up a flight of stairs.
3. No More Snoring with Improved Quality of Sleep: Studies have revealed that losing a good amount of weight does indeed help with snoring and improves overall quality of sleep, so you wake up energized and ready to take on the whole world the next morning.
4. Boosts Confidence: Everyone who has shed extra weight would unanimously agree that they exude new-found confidence, feel much more better and upbeat about themselves.
5. Your Tastebuds Would Love Healthy Food Now: Experts say obesity and associated inflammation can actually kill tastebuds. Regular consumption of junk food dulls out the palate and that’s why healthy food usually tastes bland – when you have lost weight and eating less of junk food, the tastebuds would regain their love for healthy food – vegetables and fruits included. Also read: “How To Reprogram your Taste Buds to Like Healthy Food.”
6. Clear and Radiant Skin: Obesity increases inflammation in the body and can trigger acne and breakouts – when inflammation lowers, acne and other skin-related issues clear up as a result.
7. Better Lab Profile: Lipid profile, cholesterol, blood glucose, thyroid panel all have been found to show better numbers after weight loss.
8. Lowered Stress: If stress is behind weight gain, losing weight can nip chronic stress in the bud. Also read: “10 Tips to Lower Stress in order to Lose Weight.”
9. You can Inspire Family and to Lose Weight and Get Healthy: When people notice the amazing changes weight loss has brought in you, family and friends would be inspired to shed extra pounds to reap the same benefits.
10. Lower the Risk of Life-Threatening Disorders: Health practitioners often suggest dropping extra kgs to improve blood pressure, cholesterol, diabetes, and other diseases. Experts say losing just 7% of total body weight can reduce the risk of prediabetes, type 2 diabetes, high blood pressure, etc.
11. Better Immunity: Losing just 4.5 kgs can improve immunity, a group of Australian researchers have deduced. With lowered inflammation, fiber-rich food in the dit, gut health is bound to get robust – which in turn impacts immunity in a great way.
12. No More Profuse Sweating: It might be surprising but people with normal weight handle heat better and sweat less than those who fall into the “overweight and obese” categories. It’s because there’s larger body mass to cool down in hot and humid conditions and that’s why excessive sweating. In leaner individuals, the body is more efficient at regulating temperature. So, if you feel embarrassed by profuse sweating, it’s time to think about shedding a few extra pounds.
Now that you have realized weight loss is not just limited to getting lean and slim, it’s the right time to kickstart your weight loss journey.