We all know hitting the gym with a vengeance and going out of breath doing strenuous cardio routine can burn calories; however, there are definitely some unusual ways to incinerate lots of calories without dripping in sweat. The key to losing weight is by putting the body into a calorie deficit so that it reaches out to stored fat to source energy to run its daily activities. The best way to get into a calorie deficit is by following the Rati Beauty diet that gets you into calorie deficit without compromising on nutrition or health. Apart from following a good weight loss diet like Rati Beauty, read about 10 Unusual Ways To Burn Calories All Day Long.
1. Correct your Posture: No one would ever tell you this – correcting the posture will help you burn significant amount of calories! Want abs to show up? Sit straight without spending a major part of the day slouched over the computer screen. When the posture is not correct, the muscles do not work efficiently and burn fewer calories. Correct your posture to improve metabolism and burn extra calories.
2. Sleep in a Cool Environment: Sleeping with the air conditioner set at a low temperature can stimulate the brown fat in the body to burn off more calories to maintain the core temperature of the body.
3. Chew Sugar-Free Gum: Not only does chewing keeps your jaw muscles moving, it also prevents mindless grazing, curbs appetite as well. All of these will help cut down calories, but a study has also found that chewing on gum managed to burn up to 5% more calories than people who did not.
4. Increase NEAT activities: NEAT (non-exercise activity thermogenesis) stands for the energy we use for activities that we do in our day-to-day life except for when we are sleeping or exercising. Using the stairs instead of the lift, squatting on the floor to lift something up, walking while talking on the phone, every activity we do while being on our feet, comes under NEAT. All these activities help to burn some amount of calories and these bits of calories spent here and there, add up to a considerable amount when you are trying to lose weight.
5. Try These Household Chores: As we have mentioned above, calorie deficit is the key factor that pushes the body to reach out to its stored fat and burn away extra layers as a source of fuel to run all its functions smoothly. However, it’s not necessary to spend hours together in the gym to torch calories when you can melt away those love handles doing some basic household chores and here’s a list of “12 Household Chores That Would Help Burn Calories.”
6. Eat Apple with the Peel On: Apart from having weight-loss friendly “fiber,” apple has a compound called ursolic acid that is found in high concentrations in its peel that increases muscle mass and brown fat percentage, that in turn helps burn more calories. Plums, prunes, holy basil, peppermint, blueberries, cranberries, also have a high amount of urosolic acid that can make more brown fat out from the adipose tissue.
7. Have Foods That Boost Metabolism: Green tea, caffeine, etc. have been found to speed up metabolism, helping burn more calories.
8. Eat Spicy Food: Spicy food has thermogenic properties that stimulates metabolism. The compound capsaicin found in chillis cause the body to produce more heat and burn some extra calories.
9. Fidget Those Legs: It’s probably the laziest way to lose weight! Apparently, people who fidget their legs through the day can burn significantly more calories than people who are standing still! So, make use of the TV time, and fidget those legs to lose up to 300 calories in a day!
10. Sleep Like a Baby: We can never stop mentioning the importance of good quality sleep in the fat-burning process. Getting fewer than 7 hours of sleep considerably lowers the metabolism and encourages buildup of belly fat. Experts recommend sleeping like a baby, for at least 7 to 9 hours to burn calories efficiently through the next day.
With these amazing tips in your kitty, your weight loss journey will be less of a struggle.